- Make sure the range hood fits with the ventilation duct:
- Check the type of duct: round or rectangular, vertical
(at the top) or horizontal (at the back).
- Measure the duct size.
- Don’t try to fit a powerful range hood to too small a duct.
This will result in poor performance and unwanted vibrations.
- Remove the protective adhesive strip from the flap damper
and make sure the flap is working properly. If the hood
does not ventilate freely it will force the motor and make it
vibrate. This part is at the root of most service calls.
- A range hood for a gas stove should be installed 30” to 32”
above the stove.
- A range hood for an electric stove should be installed
26” to 30” above the stove.
- Always ventilate the hood outside (never into the attic).
- Install an outdoor flap for range hoods; vent flaps damper
for dryers should be avoided.
- Range hood performance diminishes by 15% for each 90°
elbow of ventilation duct.
- For proper installation, it is important to read the manual
included with each FARO / ELITAIR range hood.
- FARO / ELITAIR range hoods are covered by a 1-year
parts-and-labour warranty and then a 2-year parts-only
warranty (for residential use only). The warranty does not cover problems caused by improper installation. We recommend that hoods be installed by a qualified installer.
- Never cut the cord of a hood equiped with a plug for an electrical outlet, as this could cause serious damage to the hood's electrical system.
- NEVER install a heating system grill at the end of the duct outside the house. Always use a vent flap designed for range hoods.
- A RANGE HOOD WITH AN ELECTRONIC CONTROL PANEL MUST BE INSTALLED ON A DEDICATED CIRCUIT, WITHOUT ANY OTHER OUTLETS OR APPLIANCES CONNECTED TO IT.
- For maximum efficiency, wash the filters regularly
in the dishwasher. Note: Aluminum filters may fade due to water hardness or type of soap used.
- Clean stainless steel surfaces with a gentle soap. Never use an abrasive product.
- All our range hoods are now equipped with easy-to-replace
50W GU-10 bulbs.